What can be eaten:
- Animal protein (eggs, all meats, fish and seafood)
- Green vegetables (which breaks down into sugar slowly unlike starchy carbohydrates)
- Kale, Chard, Leeks, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Asparagus, Zucchini, Collards, Bean Sprouts, Yellow Squash, Raw Sauerkraut, Spinach, Watercress and Lettuce.
- Optional foods: cauliflower, avocados, cottage cheese, tomatoes, all spices including salt, all colors of peppers, olive oil, coconut oil, vinegar, butter, water, coffee, tea and garlic.
- No beets, carrots, turnips, rutabagas
What cannot be eaten:
- Everything Else
In the beginning, there are:
- No fruits or fruit juices
- No juices of any kind
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind
- No sodas or diet sodas
- No Beans
- No bread, rice or grains of any kind, nothing made of flour
- No nuts or nut butters. No seeds.
- No milk, yogurt, ice cream or cheese (except cottage cheese)
- Nothing blended and no smoothies. As soon as you blend fruits or vegetables, they become simple sugars.
- No artificial sweeteners or natural sweeteners. No stevia.
- No potatoes, sweet potatoes or yams
- No crackers or chips
- No dessert
- This is a high fat, medium protein, low carb diet.
- Eat only animal protein and only green vegetables along with the other choices listed above.
- When protein is ingested, the pancreas puts out the hormone glucagon, rather than insulin. Glucagon is the command hormone that tells the body to burn fat. Eating this way, three meals a day creates a situation where you are constantly burning fat.
- The animal portion of the food has to be visually larger than everything else on the plate The ratio is about 60/40.
- If the food is sweet, the pancreas will spit out insulin. Stevia, Equal, Carrots, Beets, Turnips, Rutabagas will all cause an insulin reaction.
- Insulin is an inflammatory steroidal hormone. You do not want to cause an Insulin Reaction. It will stop your weight loss. It will stress your sugar handling system, rather than balance it.
If you eat like this, you can expect:
- To lose 10 pounds a month. If you don’t lose the weight, you are cheating.
- Elevated blood sugar will collapse. Blood sugar will come down (if elevated) noticeably, even in the first week.
- Hypoglycemic symptoms (if present) will begin to balance, usually within a week.
- Increased energy
- Less pain and inflammation
- More balanced emotions
- Once the fat is lost and/or the blood sugar is balanced:
- Complex carbohydrates are brought back into the diet in the form of whole grains (not instant microwave grains).
- Any time the husk is removed, the grain becomes a simple sugar.
- You can then add fruits (in season)
- Bananas are not recommended as they are too sweet.
- The plate ratios are now changed. Protein is now 40% and the vegetables (any kind of vegetable is now permitted) and grains fill 60% of the plate.
- The protein is still essential. If you remove the animal protein from the plate, you will gain weight back. With these ratios, you will maintain your weight loss. Your weight will remain stable.